THIS, dish, is honestly, one of the most awesome culinary tidbits..A Fritatta is SERIOUSLY, one of the most versatile, healthy, quick, EASY meals to make- with WHATEVER you happen to have 😉 I used my medium skillet for this one, it was late, we were hungry, I was running out of stuff, BUT we ALWAYS have eggs..ALWAYS have some sort of veggies, and meats ..so ..get busy!! 😉 sautee whatever mix of stuff you happen to have..(mind you- NOTHING is “off limits” for this dish..) I used some grass fed BUTTER to sautee this in..>.. mmmm BUTTER…..( or you may use olive oil if you prefer) Be creative 😉 get everything nicely sautee’d and soft. On the side, whip some eggs up ( with or without some cream, or broth for posterity) pour egg mixture over your sautee mixture, cook until set a bit. If you add cheese, (or not) you may want to brown it a bit, so- set under a broiler for a few minutes, and wallah!
This is the best option, because it is a virtual crowd pleaser. You can tame the meatlover, or the vegetarian, the Paleo person, the Keto person, and pretty much just anyone who likes food. It is also great for breakfast, lunch and dinner too 😉 also served hot, room temp or cold..;-) win win win win!! As always , I highly recommend using only the cleanest food available in your area, free range , grass fed, organic.. Health is Wealth. ENJOY!
It’s just the way we eat 😉
A picture speaks 1000 words …
Crack slaw 😉
The Stuff you need:
- 1/2 head red cabbage shredded
- 1/2 head white cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, peeled, and shredded
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 4 green onions, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 TBS fresh ginger, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 TBS sesame oil
- 2 TBS raw sugar
- Cashews (optional)
- Sunflower seeds (optional)
- salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and lemon pepper- to taste
What to do with the Stuff:
Mix all together, in a bowl, chill 4-6 hours mmmmm!
Stuff you will need
- 2 medium eggplants (roasted, see below)
- 2 TBS tahini (sesame paste)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4-6 roasted garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1 TBS olive oil
What to do with the Stuff :
Roast Eggplants & Garlic as follows;
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
Place eggplants onto the baking sheet and prick in several places using a fork
Broil eggplants 3-4 minutes on all sides
The skin will darken a little, this is a good thing, it adds depth to the flavors of the Baba Ghanoush
Turn broiler off, and heat oven to 375 degrees F
Roast garlic & eggplants 25 to 30 minutes, put in ziplock baggie, or put in bowl cover a bowl with saran wrap
Cool 15-20 minutes until easily handled
In another bowl, combine tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and the salt in a medium bowl with a fork
Split the eggplants, and scrape out flesh and add to the tahini mixture
Mix eggplant into tahini mixture with a fork until smooth with some texture remaining
Cool to room temperature then stir in parsley, refrigerate for 2-3 hrs.
Serve with homemade Turkish Pide’ bread ( recipe to be posted)
Tahini is a paste make from ground sesame seeds.
Tahini is sold in most grocery stores
Turkish Pide bread:
In next posted recipe
SIMPLE and easy oven crisped Pita Chips:
Cut whole wheat pita bread into wedges. Put on baking sheet, bake @ 375 F until lightly browned ( 8-10 min)
Bacon Wrapped Omelette bites
The Stuff you’ll need (for a 6 muffin tin)
- 6 whole eggs (preferably free range)
- 12 slices bacon ( 2- per muffin cup)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & chopped
- 8-10 broccoli florets blanched, then chopped
- 1 small red onion diced
- 6 slices of tomato
- Salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes
- Shredded Chedder/jack or pepper jack cheese- optional (omit cheese if you are following Paleo)
How to put all this Stuff together:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat only until cooked through, but not crispy, about 5 minutes
- Blanch broccoli florets until bright green, drain chop
- Lightly grease muffin tin with olive oil
- Use 2 pieces of the bacon in each tin, wrapping around lining the inside edge of the tin
- Put tomato slice in bottom of each tin
- In a medium bowl, whip the whole eggs
- Add salt and pepper and crushed red pepper to taste
- Add the chopped jalapenos and diced onion
- Combine thoroughly, use a soup ladle to put the mixture into each of the muffin tins lined with bacon
- OPTIONAL – Add sprinkling of shredded cheeses to each cup.
- Bake until the eggs are fluffy and slightly browned on top, 30 to 35 minutes,
- Eat or refrigerate, and save for later.
- Makes 6 omelet bites.
THESE ARE awesome!…TOTAL crowd pleaser!
WATCH THE TUTORIAL SLIDE 😉
You can eat these hot, cold, room temp.
They travel REALLY well for when you are “on the go”,
OR you can dress them up! by smothering in a sauce add a little cheese, and bake for a bit
and–the BEST part kids, and people of ALL ages, (even picky eaters!) will like these
SOOOO QUICK, and easy to make.
Here’s the goods I used for this recipe:
6 Flour Tortillas
3 sliced ham diced up
1/2 onion diced up
Handful shredded chedder /jack cheese
red pepper flakes
salt & pepper to taste
What I did;
Sauteed ham & onion in a little bit of butter
Add whisked eggs, scrambled with the ham/onion
Add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes to taste
Add cheese, remove from heat, set aside
Put mixture in center of tortilla to roll up
Add a line of hot sauce of your choice (optional)
Add 1 TBS veggie oil to 12″ skillet, heat
Place rolled burritos seam side down in skillet, let brown for a few
Turning on each side with tongs to evenly brown
Serve with chile verde YUM!
NOTE, these are SOOOO easy and quick..you can just do plain cheese, or beans, sauteed’ veggies, chicken, rice, I have added Paella leftovers even! SO delish 😉 Pretty much, ANYTHING you want to stuff in these, you can.
ENJOYEEEE ! 😉
Continue reading →