How easy is THAT 😉
Tag Archives: nutrition
It’s just the way we eat – Wednesday Weekly recipe post
Getting a “head start” on Keto- with “Ruled Me” 30 day plan – Wednesday Weekly Recipe Post
I GOTTA SHARE people, I just HAVE to 😉
I’m SO energised this week~!! from not just eating REALLY well, but also from all the reading, networking, researching, creating recipe modifications, knowledge sharing, the new forum groups I’m a part of, and just the plain ole’ the “keto fascination” that many people are experiencing right now.
A new found “friend” told me, that the Ketogenics way of eating ( I HATE the word “diet” lol) BUT, it is now “trending, being the 6th most popular /researched/ “new” eating plan IN THE WORLD right now. I have a feeling that after more people watch “Cereal Killers”, and more people in social media keep sharing recipes, blogs, and these really informational/supportive forums keep popping up everywhere, that the “Ketogenics diet” will end up in the top 3. Eventually, when all the sheeple, decide to take a more proactive stance in their personal nutritional health and choices into their OWN hands we will be less of a minority. I look forward to those days.
I can’t say ENOUGH about an amazing young man, that I “met” online while on my continuing quest/obsession for more and more knowledge on this impressive eating plan ( or WOE = “Way of Eating”). Craig who started the website “Ruled Me” has an impressive story of his own.
The reason I mention he, and his website- I am on a woman’s forum about Ketogenic diet, and over 100 participants all started Craig’s 30 day plan on Monday, and all are there supporting one another, sharing the ups/downs/concerns/achievements to go strong and accomplish this goal until the end of 2014.
THAT is dedication! and also inspiring, and motivating!.. that is ONE HUNDRED WOMEN, from all over the world, who all “met” on a spin off of another forum, after a great gal just put it out there.. “Hey ladies, I’m starting the 30 day “Ruled Me” eating plan starting on Monday, to take us through the holidays, who’s in?. The charge is US$5.00, Craig calls it a “donation”. I GLADLY paid my US$5.00 because the information I received in the 5 .PDFs is on point! Craig breaks it down “Barney style” for those of us who have more of a challenge grasping the full science of things. PLUS, THE RECIPES, and meal plans..all the way down to a shopping list for your essentials.. YAH.. THAT in itself, makes it pretty much a “no brainer” with absolutely zero stress for all, your meals for the next 30 days are simply PLANNED out, and super easy to do..
I HIGHLY recommend, and FULLY support this “30 day WOE plan,..so much, that I WANT TO SHARE THIS WITH EVERYONE.. not that I, personally have a huge following (as of yet), but it is something WORTH sharing.. and the best part?….the guy who wrote the plan?, CRAIG,- WOW.. what a GREAT guy! He will answer ANY question you have..and address concerns, uncertainty, or just if you want to say hi, he sincerely appreciates it ! He will help you out with ANYTHING Keto related. He is an incredible plethora of hands on knowledge, and a REAL, down to earth, super smart, sincere guy..
He VOLUNTEERED to simply be “on call” for our little group of 100 women whom have started their new nutritional journey during the most CHALLENGING time of the year (for most).. I’m just really impressed, and simply wanted to share. I have been making amazing delicious foods, from the “Ruled Me” website, and it goes to show that this man can COOK!, AND photograph..;-) It is inspiring, so much that I am on the quest to be able to modify most ANY food to “Keto Ize ” it 😉 Anyway take a look if you want some GREAT information.. Knowledge is power..share the knowledge!
The link for this awesome plan, is found below..Let me know how you fare ! 😉
“The Keto Way” – Wednesday Weekly Recipe Post
What a great collage of culinary KETO-FABULOUSNESS!..
just a SAMPLING of the things I prepared for us in the past couple of days..
I AM IN LOVE.. ❤ truly IN LOVE <3!! with this Way Of Eating (WOE)..
SCIENCE doesn’t lie, and nor does my camera..there is no photoshopping of ANY of these pictures, this is BEAUTIFUL..why? because these are pictures of REAL foods, Colourful foods, WHOLE foods, Nutritional foods, Organic Foods, Range/Grass Foods, BASIC foods, NON Processed, Modified Foods.. SIMPLE..
I have SO MUCH information spinning in my head ALL DAY long ! i have literally become OBSESSED with knowing more , and more… as I continue to delve into the science of this plan.. I am BLOWN away by HOW WRONG we have had it for most of our LIVES ! Especially in our Western cultures.
I am also DEEPLY APPALLED with the amount of Medical “professionals” who DON’T HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE, and they DISAGREE with people seeking better health for themselves!!..In this journey..I have learned ONE really important thing..IT IS TIME for US, TO EDUCATE OURSELVES, people!.. EVERYTHING we have been “taught” and “fed” for most of our lives..IS ALL LIES!! ..
FAT is not the killer..
CARBS and SUGAR are.
I know this video is only available for free one more day.. but it’s worth a watch.
60 minutes of this information, could literally change your life..or at least inspire you to..
it’s called “CEREAL KILLERS” here is the link –http://vimeo.com/94976653
It came out a bit after I started getting into Keto, BUT wow, it just was one more PRO in what I’m studying, and convinced me even more that I am on the right track about health and nutrition..
The awesome foods I get to prepare and eat are just the added benefit 😉
This culinary goddess, is FAST becoming the KetoGoddess…
….HAPPY THANKSGIVING AMERICA….. ❤
AWESOME Spicy Tuna/Avo Salad Lettuce wraps- Wednesday weekly recipe post
Spicy Tuna/Avo Salad Lettuce wraps
Servings – 4
The Stuff you need:
- 3 cans tuna in water- (drained)
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 small red/or white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced small
- 2 medium avocados, (mashed with next 4 ingredients)
- 2 limes (juice from)
- Squirt Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- Salt, pepper, lemon pepper, and cumin to taste
- Large butter lettuce leaves, to wrap
What to do with the Stuff;
- Put drained tuna into bowl
- Add diced green onions, red onion, garlic, and jalapeno
- In separate bowl, mash the avos, with lime juice, sriracha sauce, fresh cilantro, (cumin, salt, pepper, and lemon pepper- to taste)
- Add tuna mixture to Avo mixture and blend well.
- Wrap in Lettuce leaves 😉
Y U M !!
Ravioli with Fresh Grape Tomatoes and herbs, in White Wine Sauce -Wednesday Weekly Recipe post
Ravioli with fresh grape (or cherry) tomatoes, and herbs, in a white wine sauce
The Stuff you need:
- 18 ounces fresh or frozen cheese ravioli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 pint grape (or cherry) tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley (to taste)
- Fresh chopped thyme (to taste)
- Fresh chopped basil ( to taste)
- Fresh shredded Parmesan cheese (to taste)
What to do with the Stuff:
- Cook the ravioli according to the package directions, drain, and return them to pot
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 3 to 5 minutes
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, thyme, and basil, cook until softened
- Add wine, salt, pepper
- Simmer about 6-8 minutes
- Add butter, stir until it is melted into the sauce
- Gently toss the ravioli with the tomato mixture
- Top with fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Amazing “white girl” Greek Yogurt dip (mmmm)-Saturday Weekly recipe post
Amazing “white girl” Greek Yogurt dip (mmmm! )
The Stuff you need:
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, chopped and drained (see below)
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- black pepper, salt, and cumin to taste
- 16 ounces Greek yogurt
What to do with the Stuff ;
- Chop up the cucumber, and “sweat” with a sprinkling of sea salt
- Let it sit for about 45-60 minutes
- Press and drain any excess water, pat dry with paper towels
- Mix yogurt, cucumber, dill, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl
- Refrigerate for flavors to blend, at least 6 hours