Makes 12 “sticks”
The Stuff you need:
- 1 head cauliflower, “riced” in food processor
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups cheese (leave approx 3/4 c for topping) Cheddar, Pepper jack or Mozzarella (or combination) shredded
- 1 TBS Italian herb blend
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Salt, Pepper, garlic powder to taste
- Fresh tomato sauce for dipping (optional)
What to do with the Stuff:
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Separate cauliflower into florets process in food processor, until “rice-like” (coarser chunks are inevitable)
- Spread cauliflower mixture on baking sheet roast for 25 minutes
- Let the cauliflower cool down 20 min
- Increase oven temp to 450 F
- Transfer cauliflower to a bowl, lined with a towel or cheese cloth (to drain excess water)
- Drain all excess liquid until completely dry, this is essential
- Transfer cauliflower to mixing bowl, add eggs, 1cup of the cheese, all herbs, & seasonings, mix well to combine
- Spread mixture onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Flatten into a rectangle size, inside the edges of parchment paper, approximately 1/4″ thick.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden
- Top with remaining cheese
- Bake for an additional 5-8 minutes, broiling until cheese golden browns a bit
- Cut into “sticks” serve hot (along with warm fresh tomato sauce for dipping if desired)
THE BEST APPETIZER ..
Satiating, low carb, amazing snack.. UBER easy, Uber yum!
Everything I use is always fresh, local, Organic, and the cleanest possible food 😉
The Stuff You Need:
- 2 Large Zucchinis sliced lengthwise
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup fresh bacon crumbles
- 2 TBS chili garlic sauce (to taste)
What to do with the Stuff:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Coat each slice of Zucchini with salt pepper and EVOO
- Roast/Grill Zucchini until soft and workable, set aside
- Mix cream cheese, chili garlic sauce, and fresh bacon bits togetehr
- Place 1 tsp cheese mixture on end of zucchini, roll into a pinwheel.
- Set on baking sheet lined with parchment paper, seam side down
- Bake at 350 for 10 min until warmed through
- Can be made ahead and refrigerated.
I can’t believe it is another weekend already! Thanksgiving of 2014, is BEHIND us now.. Where, and how fast the time goes, is just plain CRAZY! This year, ( yet another) where I was not in the States to celebrate Thanksgiving the “traditional” way. I’m currently “downunda” so- to us, it was just another Thursday..;-) I’m now completing my 2nd week of this WOE..my days always start out with the BPC. (YUM!! BULLET PROOF COFFEE!) which keeps me COMPLETELY satiated until I DECIDE, that I need to meet my “macros” for the day to stay in Ketosis. Today’s post is MY recipe for Bullet Proof Coffee, as there is a basic that you follow to get your fat in for the day, which a lot of people can’t FATHOM grass fed butter in their coffee, much less coconut oil, and Heavy Whipping cream?? WHAT what!!?? ..lemme tell you it is AWESOME.. and here goes..( MY version) which is FRIGGIN AWESOME.. don’t hate till you just TRY it..<3
Cori’s unique BPC
* 3 oz fresh brewed Italian coffee ( I like the espresso type! )
* 1 TBS salted grass fed (organic) butter- –people use “kerrygold” stateside, we don’t have that brand here in Oz..
* 1 TBS organic unrefined coconut oil
* 2 TBS organic coconut cream (FULL FAT)
* 1-2 pkts truvia ( to your taste)
* dash(es) Vanilla extract
* dash(es) cinnamon
* dash(es) are you ready?/ TURMERIC..(YUP)
* dash(es) Pink Himalayan rock salt ( YUP, again)
A lot of people use the stick blender to make it all frothy, ..me, I just use a fork and stir really well 😉
THIS HAS THE MOST rich, unique taste with the blend of oils, as well as the cinnamon, coconut and turmeric.. these ingredients listed above, are ALL major staples for me ( and most anyone following the Ketogenic WOE) Especially in the past 2 weeks, and- for good reason ! Try it, let me know if YOu have any variations 😉
I’m just doing my thing, keepin calm, and Keto’in on.. with AMAZING results after just 2 weeks.. which I am documenting, and will start an entire new blog about my Keto Journey 😉 LOOK FOR IT ..
Until next week.. Have an AWESOME weekend, and ENJOY yourself!