Bacon Wrapped Omelette bites
The Stuff you’ll need (for a 6 muffin tin)
- 6 whole eggs (preferably free range)
- 12 slices bacon ( 2- per muffin cup)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & chopped
- 8-10 broccoli florets blanched, then chopped
- 1 small red onion diced
- 6 slices of tomato
- Salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes
- Shredded Chedder/jack or pepper jack cheese- optional (omit cheese if you are following Paleo)
How to put all this Stuff together:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat only until cooked through, but not crispy, about 5 minutes
- Blanch broccoli florets until bright green, drain chop
- Lightly grease muffin tin with olive oil
- Use 2 pieces of the bacon in each tin, wrapping around lining the inside edge of the tin
- Put tomato slice in bottom of each tin
- In a medium bowl, whip the whole eggs
- Add salt and pepper and crushed red pepper to taste
- Add the chopped jalapenos and diced onion
- Combine thoroughly, use a soup ladle to put the mixture into each of the muffin tins lined with bacon
- OPTIONAL – Add sprinkling of shredded cheeses to each cup.
- Bake until the eggs are fluffy and slightly browned on top, 30 to 35 minutes,
- Eat or refrigerate, and save for later.
- Makes 6 omelet bites.